Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Thea: The Awakening, Lada 2, Part 2

I started construction on a Meeting Hall, a new building introduced to the game. It would make available the Sage class. In addition, the building provided a chance for two new classes, the Scholar and the Inventor, to be options when a Child grew up. These features would be nice, if I had any Children. My single Cabbage Patch thus far had not attracted any Child. Maybe I needed more Cabbage Patches but I did not have the resources to build them.
Building a Meeting Hall of Elven wood and Monster bones.
I used a lot of Elven wood and Monster bone to construct the Meeting Hall. I hoped that along with the buildings I already had, I could attract Beasts. The small bonus to attract Elves was welcome but I did not put much hope in attracting one.

Before the Meeting Hall was completed, my village attracted a Bear.
The village attracted a Bear.
The Bear had a lot of Strength and would be helpful in carrying loot. It also had Blunt Damage so it was good against weak baddies.

Shortly after, while the Meeting Hall was still incomplete, a Malicious Spider joined the village.
The village attracted a Malicious Spider.
The Malicious Spider had poor stats and did not even have Poison. About the only attribute of note was Traps but it was too low to be relied on. I was going to consider this spider 'disposable' and use it to soak damage in fights. I wonder if I could trade the Beast for something better.

Later, I had a Warped Snake join my village. At least the snake had decent Stealth.
The village attracted a Warped Snake.
My expedition found a trapped Skschack. After releasing the Skschack, the creature asked that I free its mistress and left a map. From past experience, I knew this was the start of the Baba Yaga's House Quest. In order to achieve the best outcome, I would need to overcome a 4-Skull Hex Challenge. It would be a long time before I could complete this Challenge but the Baba Yaga that would hopefully be the reward would be worth it.
A Skshack gave a quest.
When I had collected enough experience for my villagers to gain attributes, my Malicious Spider finally picked up Poison. That would increase its damage output in fights. I still considered the spider 'disposable', though.
The Malicious Spider finally gained Poison!
I had finally unlocked Dragon bones at a cost of 3 Advancement Points. It took a lot of work to gather small quantities of 5 Dragon bones each time but I could do it from the safety of the village. While waiting for the resource to be gathered, I continued Crafting to advance my research, which would be invested into Crafting recipes that could make use of Dragon bones.
It was a lot of work to gather Dragon bones.
My village attracted a Queen Bee. She was a good fighter with Poison and Ranged Damage. Interestingly, she had 4 Craft, including the 2-point bonus from the village Smithy.
The village attracted a Queen Bee.
A large group of well-armed traders visited the village. In exchange for a place to rest, they gave me a single Lucky Button. What a pitiful reward!
Traders visited the village.
The Lucky Button was of Bad Quality. It was heavy and provided a measly bonus of 1 Armor. That button was so going to get scraped for resources.
The Lucky Button would be worth more as resources.
I unlocked Silver for 2 Advancement Points and discovered that Mithrill had appeared close to my village! If I had the Advancement Points, I could start harvesting that rare resource. Unfortunately, it would be quite some time as I needed to unlock recipes to make use of the Dragon bones first.
A Mithrill gathering spot appeared near the village!
I crafted a pair of Claws of Veles from Dragon bones. While they were not as powerful as Dragon's Banes, they had Shielding and could be wielded single-handedly by Warriors. My Warriors would be able to heal themselves in Fight Challenges with Leech from the Claws of Veles.
Claw of Veles (2-Handed Swords).
With a lot of Dragons bones and Sandstone that I had somehow gathered, I began construction on a Totem. Being able to choose the Witch class was a small benefit since my village still did not have any Children. The more important benefit was that the people in my village would have some Magic to protect themselves from certain supernatural events. The possibility of attracting Demons was also good since I needed better villagers. I had too many weak Beasts but Sandstone, which provided Attract Beast, was the best primary material I had enough of to construct the Totem.
Building a Totem of Sandstone and Dragon bones.
Without warning, a Dragon dropped by and stole all the Gold in the village (as if it had nothing better to do!). If the creature was alone, I would have tried to defeat it. The text definitely mentioned 'minions' so the Dragon was not alone. Thus, I had to let the Gold go. Fortunately, I could mine Silver so the loss was not so great.
A Dragon stole all my Gold!
I wanted to explore the north-west corner of the map where the Divine Quest location was. It was the last part of the small world that I had not explored. Unfortunately, a 5-Skull party of undead appeared. I decided to run while it was still day. Undead might be easier to defeat but the 5-Skulls made me cautious.
A 5-Skull group of undead appeared.
My expedition came across the skeleton of a Dragon. The text mentioned that the creature had died decades ago so there was no chance that these were the remains of that Gold-stealing Dragon earlier. Anyway, the Event mentioned both Lada and Morena.
My expedition found the bones of a Dragon.
While looting the corpse, my expedition was attacked my Spiders. I used my own Malicious Spider as a meatshield to take a damaging hit since it was not good for anything else. The spider later recovered.

A Deformed Bat joined my village. I already had enough weak Beasts. I needed stronger Beasts or something from another class.
The Deformed Bat had Stealth.
A 4-Skull group of baddies appeared close to my village. It was Turn 195 and the progress of my people was too slow. I successfully dealt with this threat but I seriously needed to gather more strength.
A group of 4-Skull baddies appeared close to the village.
In the King's Quest, I came across a king who had trouble pulling a sword out from a stone. The Quest followed a popular legend with a couple of similar names mentioned. After completing the first part of the Quest, I was shown the second location where I would find a bridge.
The start of the King's Quest.
The second Quest location was at the south-west corner of the map. After the 4-Skull baddies I faced earlier, I needed to check that corner of the world for threats.
The second Quest location appeared at the south-west.
Meanwhile, my village attracted a Warrior. Finally, I had someone who was not a weak Beast! He would be of help to defend the village since I did not have any fighters at home other than the Queen Bee.
A Warrior joined the village.
As I approached the second location of King's Quest, I found a 5-Skull group of 22 baddies. That was way too many to handle, especially since Dwarves tend to be well-equipped. Well, I know Dwarf Warriors are well-equipped, not sure about Dwarf Cultists.
The baddie group's name was missing.
I sneaked around the Dwarf Cultists and faced the trial at the bridge of King's Quest. I was asked three pretty weird questions. Actually, the first two questions were weird. The reply for the third question was stranger than the question.
I was asked three questions.
After completing this stage of the King's Quest, I was shown the next location, a 'Place of interest' at the north-west of the map where I had left the group of 5-Skull undead.
The next location of the King's Quest.
The Quest location was at the furthest possible distance since there was no direct connection between the north-west and the south-west. My expedition had to travel back around the body of water, past the village, to head to the Quest location.

5-Skull baddies had appeared. At Turn 204, the progress of my people was too far behind. I should have completed the Divine Quest by this time. I was not sure if I was ready but I needed to attempt the Divine Quest since I needed the Quest reward. I should get people with Intelligence from the village to help with the Divine Quest since my expedition lacked such members. However, this would take people vital for Crafting away from the village.

Thea: The Awakening, Lada 2, Part 1
Thea: The Awakening, Lada 2, Part 3
Thea: The Awakening, Lada 2, Part 4
Thea: The Awakening, Lada 2, Part 5
Thea: The Awakening, Lada 2, Final Part

Thea: The Awakening, Contents

1 comment:

  1. The King's Quest questions are a reference to Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

    ReplyDelete