Monday, August 8, 2016

Thea: The Awakening, Lada 2, Part 5

The Blessed Tree Symbol is another building new to the game. I constructed one with the best resources I had. I was curious to know what effect better materials would give.
Building a Blessed Tree Symbol out of Diamonds and Granite.
Later, I would find out that the Blessed Tree Symbol performed as it was written in the description. Using better material would not give any better result.

Meanwhile, I had decided to include my Child Wraith with my gatherer expedition. Its combination of Poison and Leech would be deadly.
The Child Wraith could do a lot of damage to wounded baddies.
I received news of the Elven city of Silveroak. Silveroak was also the surname of the guardian Elf that helped in the Cosmic Tree Quest. I wondered if the city appeared as a result of my choice of replanting the Cosmic Tree seed in the first main quest.
My village received word of an Elven City.
I checked the location of Silveroak. It was at the end of the north-west corner and it happened to have a Giant standing over it.
A Giant was standing over the city of Silveroak.
My expedition talked with the Giant, who thought she was a Troll. My people told her the truth based on what they had learned and it calmed her down. Unfortunately, she did not have the information I sought about Planetnik Giants.
Talking with the Giant.
With the Giant taken care of, my main expedition entered Silveroak. The city was still being rebuilt. Like the Goblin Village, there were a number of things I could trade. In my village, I had a lot of food, which could be traded for precious Ancient Wood and training. Ordinary Bones were normally useless so being able to trade them for something useful was good, if I could gather large amounts of them.

In previous games, I had lots of Children who refused to grow up. Being able to trade them for Elves was a tempting option. Unfortunately, the Cabbage Patch in the current game still refused to bear any Child. The opportunity to trade members of my village would have been helpful earlier. I could have traded the weak Beasts for an Elf. However, I had grown attached to my Beasts, with the exception of one of the Malicious Spiders.
Some of the possible trades in Silveroak.
Since I considered Magic important, and my expedition could spare the food, I paid for lessons in Magic. Unfortunately, the result was only the temporary Bless of Magic. When I pressed for more training, my villagers learned Animal Kinship instead. At least that attribute was permanent.
Training with the Elves resulted in Bless of Magic and Animal Kinship.
After checking a couple of clues, I stumbled upon the Planetnik Giant I was looking for at the north-west of the world.
My expedition found the Weatherer, the first Planetnik Giant.
The Weatherer, the Planetnik Giant, was frustrated because he knew he had a job to do but could not remember what it was. After briefing him on what I had learned, it turned out that the Giant could not remember what needed to be done. I was to seek out his lieutenants who might help.
Perhaps his lieutenants had the password to his hard drive.
The other Planetnik Giants, the lieutenants, were at the south-west. The game seemed determined to have my expedition travel back and forth between the north-west and the south-west. If I had enough competent people, I could have two expeditions cover these corners of the world.
The Giants I sought were at the other corner of the world.
Meanwhile, my expedition met with more Dwarf Bandits. My two Warriors, still armed with Claws of Veles, easily convinced another Dwarf Bandit to join my people.
Another Dwarf Bandit joined.
My expedition met up with the Planetnik Giants and convinced them of the truth with evidence and logic. As a result, the Beasts in my party could then permanently talk.
The Bear's ability of speech was then permanent.
Meanwhile, I decided to unlock Jewellery. If I was going to avoid fights, I would need bonuses in attributes that were good in alternative Challenges. Jewellery were a good provider of those attributes. In previous versions of the game, only Coal and Diamonds were accepted as Catalysts in the recipe. It was a good thing that Wicker had since became a possible Catalyst because Diamonds were rare and I found no gathering spot for Coal in the present game.
Wicker is now acceptable as Catalyst for Jewellery.
In the final location of the Giants Return Quest, I met with the big baddie that was the Umbrage Lord. The Weatherer joined my expedition to confront the big baddie.
The Weatherer joined the expedition for the final battle.
Using the handy 'View My Group' button, I checked the Weatherer's attributes.
Look at the level and attributes of that guy!
I decided to challenge the Umbrage Lord in a Social Challenge with the Weatherer's authority. As it turned out, the Umbrage Lord had even greater level and attributes than the Weatherer. It was a good thing my party outnumbered the opposition so I could sacrifice weaker people to keep those with high Speech talking and those with useful attributes supporting.
The Weatherer confronted the Umbrage Lord.
After I beat the Umbrage Lord, I discovered that there was a lieutenant in the same Challenge who was also very dangerous.
The Mroki was also a powerful foe.
After a long Challenge, my expedition was victorious. The Umbrage Lord submitted to the Weatherer and they would deal with the Giants in time. Meanwhile, the Weatherer assigned a Planetnik Giant to join my expedition.
Planetnik Giant acquired!
The score summary appeared again. I was still far from unlocking Lada's final bonus.
The score after completing the Giants Return.
I decided to continue with the game since I had people (especially the Planetnik) to try out. The Planetnik was about half as great as the Weatherer, which still was very great. In addition, he could use equipment. He would be helpful in dealing with any Giant that popped up.

Despite his size, the Planetnik needed both hands to equip a 2-Handed Sword. Since he naturally had Blunt Damage, it would be best to equip him with a weapon that has high Damage.
The attributes of the Planetnik.
I had read that content had been added for play after the main quest had been completed. I was curious to see what else could be found, aside from the appearance of Silveroak. In the short term, I still had those creature lairs to deal with at the eastern part of the world.
Lairs to clear up in the east.
The 5-Skull Dragon Lords baddie group was still around somewhere too.

Thea: The Awakening, Lada 2, Part 1
Thea: The Awakening, Lada 2, Part 2
Thea: The Awakening, Lada 2, Part 3
Thea: The Awakening, Lada 2, Part 4
Thea: The Awakening, Lada 2, Final Part

Thea: The Awakening, Contents

No comments:

Post a Comment