Saturday, July 30, 2016

Thea: The Awakening, Lada 2, Part 3

Note: I have updated my version of Thea: The Awakening to 1.20.1921.0. The material below is taken from that updated version.

I brought my expedition back to the village to put together a party for the Divine Quest. After considering the people (and creatures) I had, I decided that I would switch one of the Beasts with a Craftsman (or rather Craftswoman).

As my expedition entered the village, a group of bandits demanded payment for entering their territory. It was my village! What do they mean it was their 'piece of this road'!?
There is a spelling mistake here.
In Lada's name, my expedition played a game of chess against the bandits and won. The bandits thought that the victory was evidence that Lada brought luck despite the fact that chess is not a game of luck. Impressed by Lada, one of the bandits joined my party and my people were blessed with a temporary increase of Intelligence through an attribute called Bless of Intelligence.
A Bandit joined the expedition.
I switched a weak Beast from the expedition for my best Craftswoman. I also left the newly recruited Bandit to help defend the village. My expedition had not gone far when the village well was poisoned.

The Poisoned Village Well Event required that my expedition take a small detour to seek a water spirit to cure the afflicted villagers. Completing a Sneak Challenge convinced the water spirit to heal everyone with no bad effects. Past experience suggested that Attractiveness (which I had from Lada's third bonus) would prevent the bad effects and thus far, I have not seen any evidence to the contrary. I also have not seen any evidence that curses would be healed as written in the text.
The water spirit healed my poisoned villagers.
My expedition was confronted by Werewolves in an Event. Fortunately, I had forgotten to drop the Silver at the village when I switched the members of my expedition. Thus, I had Silver available, some of which was consumed to ward off the Werewolves. The Wolves that were left were easily dealt with.

Interestingly, the option to use the Silver mentioned the god Veles.
Werewolves confronted the expedition.
At Turn 216, I finally explored the dungeon in Theodor's Tutorial Quest. I took the left path and solved the Intellect Challenge. I received some resources and a villager gained permanent attributes.
The left path led to an old library.
On my second and last exploration of the dungeon, again taking the left route, my expedition found Spidersilk. There was no Challenge or any permanent attribute reward.
On my second exploration, the left path led to an altar.
My village attracted a Vily. It was unfortunate that my expedition had already departed. Its Magic of 4 would have been useful. She had 6 in the screenshot below because the Totem in the village gave her an additional 2. She had Piercing but it was from a Short Pike she carried.
The village attracted a Vily.
My expedition made it to the location of the Divine Quest. The text mentioned a little of Lada's history.
Lada's Story.
The members of my expedition still had the Bless of Intelligence, which was very useful for the 3-Skull Intellect Challenge. As a reward, my expedition received even more of the Bless of Intelligence.
My expedition was blessed with Intelligence.
The next location of the Divine Quest was nearby, at the edge of the map. The 5-Skull group of undead was still around. As it turned out, they were the only baddies around.
The 5-Skull group of undead was still there.
I visited the 'Place of interest' and claimed the reward for King's Quest. There was not much loot. What was interesting was that one of my expedition's weapons gained Leech.
The reward of King's Quest.
The Leech improvement was bestowed on a weak weapon, made of basic material. At least the weapon was of Good Quality, which also increased the effect of Leech.
The sad Hunter had a spear to match his picture.
In the second part of the Divine Quest, my expedition had to convince Lada of their worth through a Social Challenge. Lada had some stats but she was not difficult to convince since I had the Bless of Intelligence.
Convincing Lada in a Social Challenge.
After completing the Social Challenge, Lada gave a couple of good equipment and sent the expedition onwards to the last location.
Lada's reward was a couple of good equipment.
One of the reward, the Scale Shield was made of the best material and gave good stats. The other, the Tear of the Nymph was helpful since my people had yet to acquire the ability to craft Jewellery.
The Scale Shield.
I completed the Challenge at the final quest location. The Bless of Intelligence again had made life easy. I then had the option to make Lada the Supreme Goddess.
Was Lada going to be the Supreme Goddess?
I decided that Lada should remain pure without the desire for power. Thus, I had the tree sapling planted in the village without cutting its roots. I thought that roots were for a plant to draw in nourishment, not distribute them. Anyway, the Divine Quest was complete. A few of my villagers gained permanent attributes and a Dola joined my expedition.
A Dola joined the expedition.
The Dola could only equip Jewellery and Artifacts. However, she had high Strength and the important Magic. She also had good Traps.
The Dola had a little Magic.
As of this point, I had completely explored the small game world. I knew all the terrain and could see all creature lairs and resource gathering spots that popped up. My score for Hexes scouted should be maxed.

On the way back, my expedition explored one of two Suspicious Houses that I had marked on the map. There was a Ghost there. A ritual in the basement easily fixed the Ghost and she joined the party.
A Ghost joined the expedition.
The Ghost would be helpful since she could carry equipment and use Magic.
The Ghost had a little Magic.
Meanwhile, my village attracted a Striga Bat, which was not a weak Beast. The bat had good Health and Leech.
The village attracted a Striga Bat.
I visited the second Suspicious House and freed the Ghost there. This time, the Ghost did not join. I did get some resources though.
The Ghost did not join this time.
My expedition still had the Bless of Intelligence. I thought I should complete the main quest, Cosmic Tree, while I still had the blessing active. With a Small World Size, my expedition would be able to visit the quest locations fast. Along the way, my expedition should stop by the village to reorganize, reequip and resupply. I made it a point to remember to drop off the loot this time.

Thea: The Awakening, Lada 2, Part 1
Thea: The Awakening, Lada 2, Part 2
Thea: The Awakening, Lada 2, Part 4
Thea: The Awakening, Lada 2, Part 5
Thea: The Awakening, Lada 2, Final Part

Thea: The Awakening, Contents

1 comment:

  1. Converting a bunch of thugs through a game of chess is slavic culture at its peak

    ReplyDelete