Friday, December 18, 2015

Thea: The Awakening, Morena 2, Part 3

In order to produce great Equipment, good material was required. Dragons were a reliable source of good material.
Dragons had good resources.
The Dragon in the screenshot above was found when my party fell into a hole in the ground. From experience, I knew the route to confront the Dragon. Since I had been saving regularly, I took the risk, attacked and gained a lot of good material.

Another way to get good material was to unlock them with Research and then gather them. When I unlocked Enchanted Bones, four gathering spots appeared, one of them quite close to my village.
Enchanted Bones appeared near my village.
With a constant supply of Enchanted Bones, I could make melee weapons and armor that provided the rare Magic attribute. In addition, buildings constructed with Enchanted Bones could attract Demons.
Building a Palisade with Enchanted Bones.
I decided to build a Palisade with Enchanted Bones. Since I already had Orcs among my villagers, I decided to add Steel to attract more instead of using Gold to attract Dwarves. At a cost of 2400, the Palisade more than met the requirements for one of the goals for Advancement Victory.

Later, I had the Event where I could work with Orcs to open a vault again. I had the opportunity to trade a party member for an Orc Fighter a second time. This time, the main expedition was involved. As the main expedition was filled with the most experienced of my villagers, I had thought to decline the exchange. Before making my decision, I took a look to see who the lowest-level member of my expedition was.
The villagers were listed according to level.
Seeing that my lowest-level villager was the Blood Bee, I made the exchanged without hesitation.
Exchanged a Blood Bee for an Orc Fighter, his equipment and his lunch.
The Liho I had received from the Divine Quest had Piercing as an innate attribute. To take advantage of this, I gave the Liho the most powerful 2-Handed Axe (since Axes focused on Damage) I could craft. In a fight, this allowed the Liho to deal a lot of damage when dropped behind an opponent, potentially defeating a baddie of moderate strength.
The Green weapons were made of Enchanted Bones.
Continuing on the theme of recruiting Orcs, I decided to attempt the main quest, aiming for the middle route that would award an Orc Matriarch. I discovered that in the release version, the difficulty of the Social challenge against the final opponent, the Zmey, had been increased.
Look at the Zmey's social stats!
Fortunately, the Zmey's companions were not as unreasonable and my party soon ganged up on him.
Bogumyslaw would bravely take the hit so his friends could counter.
As a reward for choosing to hide the Cosmic Seed of the quest rather than planting it, I had an Orc Matriarch join my party.
An Orc Matriarch joined the party.
After completing the main quest, the game presented me with the score summary. I had enough points to unlock Morena's fourth bonus.
The missing text bug had finally been fixed.
Unlike my previous games, I wanted to play more with the resources and assets that I had available. So I chose to keep playing. First, I checked the Orc Matriarch. The Orc Matriarch appeared to be a good fighter. In addition, she had Magic, Folklore and a little Attractiveness - she was a multi-talented fighter.
The Orc Matriarch.
I checked around the map for other challenges and found a Dragon Lair to the south. Looked like I would be having Dragons soon.
A Dragon Lair spawned south of my village.
I had explored a little of the west of my village during my Divine Quest. And while pursuing the main quest, I had fully explored the southeast region of the game world. That left a lot of land for me to explore, which would contribute to my score. Thus, I still had a lot to do.

I required one more Grand Building of at least 1230 Production Points for one of the conditions of Advancement Victory. I decided to build a better Watchtower.
A Watchtower of Granite and Ancient Wood.
I could build a Watchtower that also attracted creatures. However, I considered the ability to see danger from further away to be more important. Advance warning would give me more time to plan a response, especially since Dragon Lairs had spawned.

When I completed the Watchtower, the score screen appeared again. I checked my Advancement Victory screen, which informed me that I had achieved the conditions required. However, my technology was at 47% instead of the 70% required. Was this a bug with the information presented or the condition checked?
I completed the Technology Tree requirement!?
Later, I discovered that a Cabbage Field built with Obsidian attracted Goblins.
Cabbage Field built with Obsidian might attract Goblins.
My main expedition explored an old house and found books. The Fat Rat was again interested in the written text and gained in Intelligence and Folklore.
Maybe I should rename the rat as 'Sage Rat'.
When I met a wandering Dragon, I discovered that I could convince it to leave the land through a Social challenge. If I had known it would be this easy to chase a Dragon away and score some loot, I might not have attacked a Dragon Lair earlier so it could keep spawning Dragons for me to collect resources. That Dragon Lair had been tough as it had been guarded by a Dragon, a Zmey and their minions.
Convincing a Dragon with words.
I am uncertain as to the requirement for the Social Challenge against the Dragon to appear. From the text in the screenshot, my guess would be the presence of one or two party members with a high amount of Folklore, an attribute that was not common.

I had been crafting a lot of glowing-green equipment out of Enchanted Bones. For giggles, I equipped an Elf Wanderer with an almost full set of glowing-green equipment. Enchanted Bones could not be used in the crafting of any tools.
The Elf Wanderer with glowing-green equipment.
The Elf Wanderer had been recruited from a random Event where I sealed the curse affecting the elf. More details of the curse could be found while attempting the Divine Quest of Veles. Like the Liho, the Elf Wanderer had Piercing as an innate attribute. Thus, he would also benefit from having as much Damage as possible.

I had the Event where I worked with Orcs to open a vault many, many times. So many that I had a good number of Orc Fighters and I had run out of low-level villagers to exchange. The next time I met the Event and had no one I wished to part with, I chose not to make the exchange. I was given an Orc Worker.
I could have gotten a new Orc all this while without an exchange!?
The Orc Worker might not have stats as good as an Orc Fighter's but he was an extra party member and he could carry a good amount of load.
The Orc Worker.
Later, my village attracted a Wild Boar. For more giggles, I assigned the Wild Boar to do some crafting.
The Wild Boar could finish a Reed Flute.
By this time, the game was going slowly. I had a lot of villagers, resources and equipment to manage. I had three expeditions out. The main explorers explored hexes to increase my score. A party of gatherers collected resources close to the village. A third party, where the Wild Boar would later be assigned, formed the couriers. The couriers were filled with fighters who could carry heavy loads. They would move assets between the other two expeditions and the village. In addition, the couriers could handle any threats that wandered close to the village.

I wanted to score enough points to unlock Morena's last bonus. However, that would probably take a very long time. Considering the slow progress of the game, the next part of this account of my game will likely not be anytime soon.

That is assuming I do not quit out of boredom.

Thea: The Awakening, Morena 2, Part 1
Thea: The Awakening, Morena 2, Part 2
Thea: The Awakening, Morena 2, Final Part

Thea: The Awakening, Contents

No comments:

Post a Comment