Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Thea: The Awakening, Morena 2, Part 2

I planned to complete Morena's Divine Quest since the reward would give me a character with Magic. In the meanwhile, I visited quest locations that appeared near my village to prepare my people.

I completed the Icy Princess Event. Part of the reward was a history book, which gave a few of my villagers permanent bonuses. It looked like the Fat Rat could read, or at least it understood the words read to it.
The Fat Rat became smarter and knowledgeable.
My village well was poisoned for the third time. This time, my expedition was too far from the village. Considering that fact and that my expedition had some Attractiveness, I decided to look for the water spirit. Fortunately, the Event location appeared close to my expedition and I was able to meet the water spirit and complete her challenge.
The water spirit healed my villagers.
My villagers were healed and no one was cursed. The text said that curses were also healed but I did not have anyone with a curse to confirm if the words were true. The water spirit also bestowed a Blessing of Attractiveness on three of my villagers. Amusingly, the Fat Rat was one of the chosen.
Maybe I should rename the rat to 'Pretty Rat'.
Before dawn, I had a random event where my party met a Striga Mistress. In that event, only the male members of my party participated. That was when I discovered that the Fat Rat was considered male.
There were only men in the Intellect challenge.
My party went on their way to the Divine Quest assigned by Morena. The quest location was far since the direct route was blocked by a large body of water. I came across two 4-skull baddie camps. My party was not experienced enough to deal with them so I decided to avoid the confrontations.
The Spiders' Nest was the second 4-skull camp I came across.
When I detoured round the Spiders' Nest, I came across a large number of baddies. At least they were of lower difficulty so the baddies were tedious rather than difficult to handle.
What was beyond the Spiders' Nest.
I started the Divine Quest where I successfully released the dead university scholars from their imprisonment. From my experience of past games, I think that even though the quests for different deities started similar, the result of this part of the quest varies depending on the god or goddess chosen as the patron.

I post this screenshot here as a record for future comparison.
The successful release of the scholars was rewarded with the Blessing of Intelligence to all party members.
Meanwhile, I had not been able to attract any Goblins to my village. I decided to try recruiting Beasts instead. Clay and Monster Bones could be used to attract Beasts. In addition, the Totem that I chose to build costs 1240 Production Points. This met the requirement for one of the Grand Buildings required for the Advancement Victory.
A Totem of Clay and Monster Bones.
I had created a second party to gather resources close to the village. The gatherers met with a group of Orcs in a random Event. By working together to loot a vault, the gatherers were able to befriend the Orcs. The Orc Matriarch proposed that each side send a representative to join the other.
The orc leader made a proposal.
The new 'View My Group' button was very helpful while I was considering the proposal. I guessed that my lowest-level party member would be chosen. The only factor against the proposal was that the lowest-level member of my party was a Hunter, an uncommon class which was very useful in a party of gatherers. In return, I would likely receive a good fighter.

I decided to make the exchange. As I had guessed, the Hunter was chosen though he left his equipment behind. In return, I received an Orc Fighter and his good equipment.
The Orc Fighter was quite attractive because of his Equipment.
I continued on my Divine Quest, looking for a way to restore power to Morena.
Can you spot the missing word?
As before, that led to a battle with words to convince Morena, or an avatar of hers.
Yarostry dealt the last verbal blow on Morena.
After convincing Morena, she pointed me to the final step of the quest.
Morena gave more instructions.
Interestingly, Morena referred to the avatar of Death that I was to seek as a male. When I found the avatar of Death, she was referred to as a female. That must had been an avatar of Morena I spoke with earlier instead of the real deity if she did not know the gender of one of her important servants.
Met the avatar of Death.
After the meeting with the avatar of Death, as the game before, my party completed a ritual to restore Morena's power. As I hoped, a Liho joined my party. Unlike that other game, my village had not been plagued by a Liho in random events before this.

The Totem in my village managed to attract a Beast, a Blood Bee. The Blood Bee had some Stealth. In addition, it had Poison and Piercing. Its low damage reduced the effectiveness of Piercing, though.
My village attracted a Blood Bee.
My expedition met the Striga Mistress again. By dealing with her with Magic through the Hex challenge, the Fat Rat learned Magic permanently. This Event was good for training characters in Magic.
The 'Magic Rat' was back.
I had the Poludnica Event. I chose Maple Sap, which reminded her of a trap. Perhaps Rowan Tree was the best option.
For answering Maple Sap, my villager received some wood.
The Totem in my village attracted another Beast, a Wolf this time. Looked like recruiting a Beast was likelier than recruiting a Goblin, especially since my Totem had a high bonus to Attract Beasts. The Wolf had some decent strength and Animal Kinship. It would probably be best assigned to the gatherer party.
My village attracted a Wolf.
With my village growing well, I could start thinking about researching and producing powerful Equipment. This shall be continued in the next article.

Thea: The Awakening, Morena 2, Part 1
Thea: The Awakening, Morena 2, Part 3
Thea: The Awakening, Morena 2, Final Part

Thea: The Awakening, Contents

No comments:

Post a Comment