Thursday, January 28, 2016

Thea: The Awakening, Svarog 1, Part 2

My main expedition was close to the fire demons of the Night of Kupala Event. However, 3-skull opponents were in the way. The reptiles would be easy to handle with a Sickness Challenge. The undead would be a problem as I felt that my expedition was not good enough to attempt a Tactical or Sneak Challenge at 3 skulls.
The Fire Demons were at the question mark on the left.
I avoided the undead lair and met with the fire demons.
Options 1 and 3 were the same?
The fire demons were called Svarozek. A brief chat revealed background information about the creatures. It seemed that the Svarozek had a bone to pick with Svarog.
There is a spelling mistake in the screenshot.
A successful Social Challenge convinced the Svarozek to support Svarog again. The reward was temporary blessings and a small boost to Health for a few people. I had hoped that I would be able to recruit a Svarozek but that did not happen.

Later, a few of the people in the village were afflicted with not one but two curses. A trip to the Dziody was necessary to remove the curses. It appeared that the Dziody had increased their fee. If I remember correctly, it was 30 food for each curse in a previous game version.
With the new price, I had to pay 50 food.
With the new price, I had to pay 50 food for each of the two curses. 100 food was precious since I was having trouble gathering food in the current game.

Shortly after the meeting with the Dziody, I had an Event that was related to Svarog. A fiery falcon, which I later found out was called a Rarog, gave the village an egg.
A fiery falcon gave an egg.
While the option to make scrambled eggs was tempting because of the food problem, I was curious to know if I could recruit something weird. I attempted an Intellect Challenge to figure out what to do with the egg.

After figuring out how to hatch the egg, a new Rarog was born. The Rarog healed the villagers of all curses. That would have been helpful before I spent my precious food on two cures!

Fortunately, one of the villagers was blessed with a permanent +1 Shielding while others were blessed with temporary Strength. Otherwise, I would be dreaming of scrambled eggs.
The newborn Rarog blessed the villagers.
The Vavel Dragon appeared. I knew it would be a good Event to get some Dragon-related material and recruit a Sage. The Sage involved was a little senile or something since he asked for the resources he sent for after I gave them to him.
He asked for the resources after they were given.
Since the plan to recruit Elves was canceled, I attempted to recruit Beasts instead. I decided to build a Smithy of Monster bones and Sandstone. Monster bones were easily collected from wandering undead. Sandstone was hardly used in crafting so it accumulated.
A Smithy of Monster bones and Sandstone to attract Beasts.
I had two Graveyard Events. In each Event, there were Strigas locked up in a crypt. The Sage I recruited from the Vavel Dragon Event had high Folklore. With him, the expedition would notice the warning about the Strigas within, allowing the option to choose an easier fight. Otherwise, the expedition would face a difficult 4-skull fight.
Folklore was needed for the Graveyard Event.
Since I selected Gatherers as the Village Focus, I did not have a Medic at the beginning. After a long time, I finally had a child grow up with the option to be one.
I finally had a Medic.
At the first part of the Divine Quest, I learned more about Svarog from the dead university scholars. It appeared that he was the action hero of Thea. The text mentioned 'Thunder Gods', which made me wonder if Svarog was considered a 'Thunder God' since he was related to Perun, who was definitely the Thunder God. A more likely explanation is that it was a spelling mistake.
Were there more than one Thunder God?
When it came time to deliver my judgement on the scholars, I chose to uphold the original punishment. My party members were each blessed with Will as a result. Despite the number of skulls next to the option I chose, there was no mini-game Challenge.

Comparing this with the other choice I made with Mokosh made me wonder if each of the possible judgement would give a different blessing. The text of the options available were huge clues as to the appropriate response for the deity chosen as patron.
Upholding judgement resulted in blessing of Will for the villagers.
The next step of the Divine Quest was to convince Svarog that the villagers were worthy to do his quest. Since Svarog was the action hero, I chose to convince the deity through combat.
The missing word is still missing in this wall of text.
The Fight Challenge was more difficult compared to the Social Challenge since the Avatar Guardians with Svarog were good fighters. Fortunately, I had crafted Dragon's Banes. Two of these mighty 2-handed Axes were with the expedition.
Both Dragon's Banes were with the tactical stack.
Svarog was happy that the combat option was chosen. He sent the villagers to build a shrine for him. From his instructions, I guessed that a huge amount of Gold was necessary. A few of the villagers had suffered critical wounds during the fight. Svarog was gracious enough to heal everyone. He even healed the Wounds that a villager had before entering the Challenge.
Svarog the action hero assigned a construction quest.
Svarog directed the party to a Zmey who had the required Gold. By the power of Svarog, an additional method was available to defeat the Zmey: wrestling.
The Zmey's image looked like it was modified from the Dragon's image.
After wrestling the Zmey, the villagers were blessed with enough strength to complete the shrine within hours. I chose the option to increase Svarog's power and make him the Supreme Deity. A Svarozek Minion joined my party at the end of the quest.

I had small hope that with the amount of Gold used, I would get lots of Research Points. However, I received only the standard amount of Research Points for completing the quest.
A Svarozek Minion joined the party.
The Svarozek Minion could not equip anything at all. In addition, he had low Strength so he did not contribute much to the party's load limitations. He had Clear Mind, which gave Piercing in Social and Tactical Challenges. However, his low Speech reduced the effectiveness of Piercing in Social Challenges. He had Magic, which was helpful and his Leech was high enough to be useful. Also, he had a high Traps attribute.
The attributes of the Svarozek Minion.
Having completed the Divine Quest, it was time to complete the main quest and end the game.

Thea: The Awakening, Svarog 1, Part 1
Thea: The Awakening, Svarog 1, Final Part

Thea: The Awakening, Contents

No comments:

Post a Comment