Friday, January 15, 2016

Thea: The Awakening, Mokosh 1, Final Part

I started Mokosh's Divine Quest. In the first stage, I successfully released the dead university scholars from their imprisonment. The result was similar to Morena's Divine Quest. It appeared that the Divine Quest had been reworked in the Release version (as compared to the Early Access version).
The reward was the Blessing of Intelligence for all party members.
Next, I had to convince the avatar of Mokosh that I was worthy. Mokosh was slightly tougher than Morena. I wonder if the avatar increases in difficulty as time passed.
People lined up to convince Mokosh.
After convincing Mokosh, she sent me to the final stage of her quest, which was to replant her cradle of life.
Mokosh gave the final instructions.
I completed the final stage, and chose to increase Mokosh's power so she would be the only Supreme Deity. There was an incorrectly spelt word in the text that added a sinister tinge to the outcome.
An incorrectly spelt word changed the meaning of the sentence.
I received some resources as part of the reward. I had 5 additional Poppy Seeds from the Hangedman Quest, which were used in the planting of Mokosh's cradle of life, in addition to the 10 given by her avatar. I wonder if the reward was increased based on the number of Poppy Seeds or if it did not matter.

If the quest was set to remove all quest items of the required type, I should be careful with future quest items. There were quests that used the same items as quest items. If all the required items were to be removed at the end of one quest, it could prevent the completion of another active quest that required the same item.

For completing Mokosh's Divine Quest, I was also awarded a Rocker. There was a spelling mistake in the screenshot below, which made the Rocker seem discontent rather than express its deep voice.
An incorrectly spelt word changed the attitude of the Rocker.
The Rocker was a good fighter with Blunt Damage, allowing it to defeat two weak baddies with one attack. That was the extent of its usefulness. It had no Magic or any unusual attributes. It could not equip anything so its Blunt Damage could not be supported with the power of the 2-Handed Axe. Perhaps it had few class attributes, allowing it to concentrate its growth on combat skills.
The Rocker was a troll, not a musician.
I faced a Royal Crow in a fight. It appeared that the Royal Crow had similarly tough attributes as the one I had attracted in Morena's game.
Fighting a Royal Crow.
A 4-skull baddie lair appeared near my village. It was time to complete the Main Quest before I had to deal with Dragons. Oddly enough, one of the locations for the Main Quest (labeled Cosmic Tree) had appeared right next to my village as seen in the screenshot below. It was the tower of the university scholar on research leave. Was he spying on the village?

The tower also appeared in the same position in my last game with Morena. It can be seen, though it is unlabeled, in the screenshot with the gathering spot for Enchanted bones.
A 4-skull baddie lair had appeared near the village.
The village in the screenshot had been rotated. Looking back at past screenshots of the game, it appeared that the people had a habit of turning the whole settlement, perhaps each time the game was loaded.

As I pursued the Main Quest, one of the quest locations spawned past the 4-skull baddie lair. I might as well deal with the lair when the time came.
One of the quest locations appeared past the 4-skull baddie lair.
I met the Dragon in the Main Quest. Since my villagers were poor in Magic and were not equipped to fight a Dragon, I chose the Social Challenge. All the Dragon's minions had Clear Mind, which granted them Piercing in Social Challenges. Fortunately, they did not do much damage.
The Dragon was in the discard pile.
After the Social Challenge, the Dragon rewarded a few villagers with permanent Magic and Will along with a couple of good equipment and Diamonds.
The Dragon's reward.
Immediately after the Dragon, I met with the Orc Matriarch and her tribe. Since the village followed Mokosh, only options to reject the Orc Matriarch's proposal were available.
It was not possible to consider the Orc Matriarch's proposal.
The final location for the Main Quest was at the edge of 5-skull territory.
5-skull lairs near the final quest location.
Fortunately, it was daytime so I could see my way to the quest location and end the game before I had to deal with 5-skull challenges.

In the last part of the quest, I challenged the Zmey to a Social Challenge in order to convince it to give me the seed. The minions of the Zmey all had Clear Mind, which allowed them to do damage before the Fight Phase. Zmey's Old Minion spoke enough damage to remove one of my party members from the challenge. It was a good thing that the Zmey was in the tactical group and could not argue directly during the first Fight Phase.
The Social Challenge to convince the Zmey.
After winning the challenge, I planted the seed. As the reward for completing the Main Quest, I met the Elf who was late again. This time, however, the Elf had a different image.
This time, the Elf had a more masculine image.
After the quest, the game presented me with the score summary. Not wanting to deal with 5-skull challenges, I chose to end the game.
The final score.
There was no earthquake in this game so I was not able to see what difference Mokosh had on that Event. Surprisingly, the poisoned well Event did not plague me this time around.
The bonuses of Mokosh, version 1.10.1224.0.
I had unlocked Mokosh's first three bonuses. The first two bonuses allow the faster gathering of resources. The third will allow early access to additional varieties of food (plural, when cooked). This will give the player better bonuses from having more varieties of food, which may be used to gain more advantages such as resources and XP from baddies and ruins.

I am uncertain of the usefulness of the fourth bonus. If a Pasture with good bonuses is given, it will be a good early supply of Meat and it will be able to attract Humans. If a Pasture made of basic material is given instead, then the bonus is not so great for a fourth bonus.

Thea: The Awakening, Mokosh 1, Part 1

Thea: The Awakening, Contents

No comments:

Post a Comment