Saturday, January 30, 2016

Thea: The Awakening, Svarog 1, Final Part

It was time to complete the main quest. 5-skull lairs had appeared so I would have to be prepared. The lairs that appeared were Raiders' Lairs, though, so I could intimidate them away with Social Challenges. Not all baddies were good in both fighting and talking.
5-skull lairs had appeared.
Meanwhile, the Smithy attracted a Wild Boar. The Beast could do Blunt Damage and was supported by a good amount of Damage. It also had high Strength so it could carry a lot of loot.
A Wild Boar was attracted to the village.
The village was attacked by Wailing Wraiths. Without Magic, the village was defenseless. A few of the villagers received a set of two curses. One died. A Totem would have helped resist this attack.
Wailing Wraiths attacked the village.
My main expedition was away on the main quest so they could not bring the cursed villagers to the Dziody for a cure. I hoped that the Rarog would show up again with another egg so I would not have to travel to the Dziody and pay precious food.

I unlocked Rubies and a gathering spot appeared close to the village. Unfortunately, I could not spare the people to form a gatherer expedition to harvest the resource. Since I did not have a Watchtower, I would not have early warnings of dangerous baddie groups.
The village was rotated again.
My main expedition came across a magically hidden chest. Unlike what was found in another game, the chest this time contained a weapon and Topaz.
A weapon and Topaz was in the hidden chest.
As I had hoped, another Rarog visited the village shortly after the attack of the Wailing Wraiths. My villagers were cured of all curses though there was no permanent attribute gain this time. It appeared that followers of Svarog were less dependent on the Dziody for the removal of curses.
The newborn Rarog removed all curses.
As I continued the main quest, I found the Elven Guardian and had a long talk with him about history. I found another spelling mistake.
There is a spelling mistake in this text.
A Hunter joined the village at the same time as the Event of Perun's wrath. A major thunderstorm struck the village, generously distributing Wounds to the villagers. The new Hunter received enough Wounds to send her Health to 0.
The new Hunter was wounded by Perun's wrath.
Fortunately, the Hunter recovered from her Wounds. I had crafted a Snowy Peak that had +4 Medic and equipped it on one of my Craftswomen. That boost to Medic increased the odds of survival for the Hunter.
The Snowy Peak had +4 Medic.
During the main quest, my expedition met the Dragon with the Cosmic Tree Shards. Since my expedition's Magic was not good, I decided to complete this stage of the quest through a Social Challenge. The Dragon was out in front on the first turn and he had been in the offensive stack. Considering the Dragon's Damage, it was likely I would lose someone.
The Dragon was first and ready.
The Dragon had Svarozeks with him, all of them with Clear Mind. Fortunately, most of the Svarozek did not have much Damage so the Piercing given by their Clear Mind was more annoying than damaging.

On the next turn, the Dragon was out first again. This time I had my Svarozek Minion ready in the offensive stack. I could place my Svarozek Minion in front of the Dragon and use Support Ally to boost his Damage enough to talk the Dragon out of the game.
The Dragon was first and ready, again!
After convincing the Dragon to give me the Cosmic Tree Shards, I met with the Orc Matriarch and her tribe. As with Mokosh, only options to reject the Orc Matriarch's proposal were allowed.
It was not possible to consider the Orc Matriarch's proposal.
I finally had enough material to build a good Watchtower. I considered building it with Obsidian to attract Goblins. However, I was planning to end the game soon and would likely not be around long enough for a Goblin to be attracted. Thus, I decided to build the Watchtower with Ancient wood and Mithrill in order to score as much as possible in 'The rarest item' category.
Building a Watchtower for the score.
Continuing on with the main quest, I talked to the Elven Guardian again. There was a similar dialog as the one with the spelling mistake earlier. However, this particular text did not have the spelling mistake.
Repeating the conversation with the Elven Guardian.
At the end of the conversation, the Fat Rat learned to talk some more.
The Fat Rat learned to talk better.
My main expedition moved on towards the final location for the main quest. The location was deep in unexplored territory where there were lots of baddies to slow my people's progress. It was daytime so I had ample warning of the locations of the baddies.
My expedition made their way towards the final quest location.
Before completing the main quest, I took a final look around my village. With the Watchtower complete, I had a good view. Near the Ruby resource, a short distance from my village, were several types of food. I could harvest those food while I mined for Rubies. I had a small expedition of gatherers at the Grain resource.
The orange glowing spots were baddies.
I chose a Social Challenge against the Zmey in the final confrontation. The Zmey had a new image for Challenges rather than the previous one that looked too similar to the Dragon's.

In the Challenge, the Zmey started first and stepped onto the field from the offensive stack. Considering the Zmey's damage potential, I had to sacrifice a Warrior and the Fat Rat while the rest of the expedition dealt with the Zmey's friends. To my amusement, the Fat Rat could speak better than the Warrior.
The Zmey appeared first and in front.
In the second turn, the Zmey moved first and appeared in front again. This time, however, he was from the tactical stack so he was not as dangerous. Unfortunately, my party could not defeat him this turn.
Turn 2 and the Zmey was out first again.
I had the first move in the third turn. I played the Sage first. The Zmey played a card to confuse the Sage and stepped onto the field. That was the last of his tactical cards so it was safe for me to end the threat of the Zmey with my Svarozek Minion and his Piercing speech.
It was time for the Svarozek Minion to deliver the finishing speech.
At the end of the quest, as before, I liked to take a screenshot of the Elf who was late to the party.
The Elf was late again.
I was presented with the score summary. The Watchtower was there as 'The rarest item' with what I hoped was the best score I could get with my resources. The difficulty multiplier of 140% helped boost my final score, which was more than enough to unlock Svarog's first three bonuses.

I had considered continuing the game to unlock Svarog's fourth bonus. However, I had left a lot of baddies with numerous skulls wandering the land. Also, I had chosen a low 'Group Limits' of 12 which would increase the difficulty of tough Challenges. Finally, I wanted to see what Svarog's bonuses were. With these factors in mind, I decided to end the game.
The final score.
I looked at Svarog's bonuses.
The bonuses of Svarog, version 1.11.1312.0.
Svarog's second bonus will be very useful in Social Challenges. It is a bit odd that the action hero of Thea gives bonuses to diplomatic attributes.

The third bonus is bad. I usually pursue baddies close to the village before they attack. Even if I did not, Svarog's shield does not work at night so I still have to deal with the baddies later. This bonus may be useful in a harder game to buy a little extra time to handle tough baddies. In addition, this bonus does support the daytime harvesting strategy. Gatherers can leave the village during the day to harvest resources nearby. And when night falls, the gatherers shall return to protect the village.

The fourth bonus is very useful. Right from the start of the game, I will be able to see clearly around the village. I wish I had continued the game to unlock this bonus.

Thea: The Awakening, Svarog 1, Part 1
Thea: The Awakening, Svarog 1, Part 2

Thea: The Awakening, Contents

No comments:

Post a Comment